Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mermaid in Progress

I have been slowing chugging away on my Mermaid Socks. The Absorba stole me away for a while but I am now back track. I am starting to head down the foot on the second sock. Here are some pictures of the first sock. I am really enjoying this Fleece Artist yarn. That's a good thing considering my recent splurge.


The color is beautiful and the texture is pleasing to knit. I am thinking about what to knit for my sockpal. I know I will be using a skein of Fleece Artist but I am not sure what type of pattern to knit. My sockpal is a male who doesn't desire anything lace-like. The color is so beautiful on this yarn that I am tempted to just knit something simple in order to show off the colors while remaining masculine enough for my sockpal.


Every now and then I make one of these:

I am not much of a crocheter but I do like some simple crocheting from time to time. Every now and then I grab some of my random cotton yarns and throw them in a bag for a portable, mindless project. There is something special about a handmade washcloth.

And now, a teaser. I am working on something that I have never posted about before. It is a craft that I first encountered when I was a little girl. It will take me a while to get a finished project but I will show you some progress soon. Anyone have a guess what I could be working on? Post a comment with your guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...