Friday, April 4, 2008

Hammered

Last weekend, Bonnie organized a private hammered jewelry class with instructor and hammerer extraordinaire Marissa at her apartment.

The ladies who learned




The stuff we used

(Thanks to Bonnie for the two photos above.)


We learned how to make a variety of hammered jewelry. My favorite were these die cut, hammered coins.



We worked mostly in copper but also did one pair of silver wire earrings. The bottom right is a shawl pin. I have yet to test its functionality.

I enjoyed the class but this doesn't float my boat as much as knitting and beadworking do. My Year of Honesty rears its head again! When presented with the opportunity to buy the supplies to make these on my own, I had a moment of internal debate. I concluded that I would rather spend my limited crafting time working through my sizable yarn and bead stash. I do not need to add a new craft to my "to-make" list. That list is already big enough! However, the mimosa drinking, aggressive hammering and creative time with the group was still a great way to spend a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...