Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Knits that Fit

I am way out of date with my blogging. I got back into town last night from a whirlwind trip to Minnesota. I'll try my best to get caught up this week on the recent goings-on but first I have to backtrack a little bit.

The weekend before my trip, I attended a workshop with Joan McGowan-Michael through the MetroWest Knitting Guild.

The workshop was held at the New Art Center in Newtonville.

There were various workshops offered throughout the weekend. I took the workshop that was focused on learning sweater shaping. We started off by sticking masking tape on key measurement points on our bodies. Myself and many of the other attendees thought it was quite amusing to be amongst a room full of women all sporting tape on their busts.


The most exciting things that I came away from was learning how to apply short row shaping to the bust of a garment, knowing all of my upper body measurements, and inspiration to knit some flirty little knitted things. Joan had a sample there that may have inspired me to knit a skirt!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...