Sunday, April 6, 2008

Higgins Armory Museum

After breakfast with Arturo and Sam at Sound Bites Paul and I headed to Worcester to visit the Higgins Armory Museum. While looking at all of the weapons in the museum, I found out that Paul knows way more about weapons than I would have guessed. I think the video game playing has provided him with knowledge that I don't have. Before today I had never heard of maces, pikes or war-hammers.

The outside of the building was pretty impressive. It looks like a fortress with rivets but also has a very decorative entrance.

The armor in the center of this photo had a hole in it. It looked the person wearing it had been shot.

The museum has a hands-on area where Paul and I got to try on all sorts of armored helmets. They are heavy!



1 comment:

  1. It wouldn't be your 'video game playing husband" that knows so much about old school weaponry, it would be your "Dungeons and Dragons playing husband" that deserves that honor.

    Get your nerd pointing right if you're going to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...