Friday, August 7, 2009

Project 365: Day 126

Saffron Threads



I found a great deal on a little tin of saffron threads at the Caspian Bistro Market. I've followed many recipes that called for saffron and have always substituted the much cheaper turmeric in its place. To make immediate use of this fancy new ingredient, Paul and I cooked up a yummy dinner. I made the mexican rice with saffron and Paul concocted an off the cuff dish that included chicken mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, purple bell pepper, red onion, garlic, capers, turmeric and some other stuff he added when I wasn't paying attention. We opened up a good bottle of Zinfandel and had the most flavor packed dinner we have made in a long, long time.



It is a very relaxing evening around here tonight and it is just what I need.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...