Friday, August 21, 2009

Project 365: Day 140

Emergency Knitting



I started my emergency knitting project on my lunch break today while listening to an episode of Cast On. My emergency knitting project is a simple pair of toe-up socks out of Cascade Fixation knit on one long circular needle. I have tried in the past to make toe-up socks. At the time the figure 8 cast-on instructions that I was trying to follow didn't make any sense to me and I ended up abandoning them for another top down sock pattern. This time around I just made up my own version of a cast on. In fact, I am just making up the pattern for these as I go. As for the Cast On podcast, I think it is reliably good in terms of content and sound quality. It consistently inspires me to think about interesting topics, knitting and otherwise. If you aren't already a listener of this podcast, I would recommend giving it a try.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, you are knitting two socks at once? I've never tried that method before. Do you find it to be a lot quicker / easier / better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lost Mitten! I don't think it is hard to do. I actually like that they both get finished at the same time, but the biggest bonus is that there is no worry about making them turn out the same. Since they are being knit at the same time, you never have to worry if one is longer or shorter than the other. They are an exact pair! The only thing you have to be careful about is to not end up connecting the two socks by using the yarn from the wrong sock. You should give it a try if you like knitting socks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...