Sunday, August 30, 2009

Project 365: Day 149

Breakfast with Grandma Shirley



My Grandma Shirley also lives in Wisconsin not too far from my dad's house, so when I was planning the trip, I made sure to arrange some time to spend with her. She baked caramel rolls from scratch for us to eat for breakfast. We ate caramel rolls, drank tea and chatted away the early morning. I rarely get one on one time with her, so it was great to be able to talk to her without the distractions of a large family gathering. We talked about her creative pursuits (quilting, crocheting rugs and knitting) and my creative pursuits. She was interested in hearing about the relationship between knitting and the internet and about my upcoming trip to the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. I also had the chance to ask her some questions about her health. Most of the information I had been hearing about her had been coming to me secondhand, so I was glad to hear directly from her that her breast cancer has now been officially in remission for 2 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...