Sunday, September 20, 2009

Project 365: Day 170

Home Improvements - Foundation Edition



Paul was quite the go-getter this morning. I was up late last night, so I slept in a little later than usual. By the time I got up, Paul was already outside working on our big project for the day.

We recently discovered a hole in the exterior of our foundation. After a little research, I think I determined the reason our lower exterior foundation is disintegrating. The door that goes to the walkway on the side of the house was the main entrance and exit for the people that worked in our house when it was the location of the previous owner's business. My guess is that the walkway was heavily salted and that the salt has caused the concrete blocks to start to break down. We are hopefully going to be able to patch it up and stop the deterioration from going any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...