Thursday, July 31, 2008

Momma Barrett

Also on Monday night, Barrett from my library knitting group received the blanket that the group made for her and her husband Tim's soon-to-arrive baby. We all pitched in 10" squares (or somewhere near to 10" and possibly slightly square) and Elaine was kind enough to assemble them, seam them and add a great crocheted border around the edge.

I also gave her a few little knitted baby gifts. I love the Saartje's Bootees pattern, so I made a little bitty pair out of Brown Sheep Nature Spun sport weight yarn.



Also given to Barrett was a Bib O' Love from Mason Dixon Knitting. I made this one striped with a bunch of cottons and a little bit of silk. There were a lot of ends to weave in on this one!



There have been lots of finished objects around here in the past few months, but not many have made them onto the blog. Much of that is the fault of babies! Since most of the soon-to-be-moms have given birth, you'll be seeing more of the baby related FOs really soon. Also at fault for the lack of knitting content is a lack of photos. I'll hopefully be taking some nice pics of some FOs while on our camping trip this weekend. I'm planning on finishing the Monkey socks and starting Paul's Birthday Sweater during the trip.

Keep your fingers crossed for us. We are headed north to camp amongst lots of "scattered thunderstorms."

4 comments:

  1. ooh, lots of cute projects there!

    my only suggestion for camping in the rain (if you're in a tent) is to fold the edges of the ground tarp under itself so that the tarp doesn't act as a big bowl for the rain.

    *slosh slosh*

    have a great time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! those booties are absolutely adorable! WOW! have fun camping. it'll be great. can't wait to see you soon in minnie. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those booties are so cute they *almost* make me want to have a baby. If that ever happens please promise you'll knit me a pair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The booties are fabulous and that bib has SUPERIOR barf-catching powers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...