Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lowell Folk Festival

I am starting to think of things in terms of "this is the last time I will ______ ". Well today was the last time I will go to the Lowell Folk Festival. For those that haven't been there, Lowell's folk festival is more of an ethnic/traditional music festival than it is a hippy type folk festival. It happens annually, packs a lot of good music into 3 days and doesn't cost a thing. Unless you buy one of last year's t-shirts like I did. Then it costs $5. Oh yeah, and the baklava. You have to buy some of the out of this world baklava that the Greek church sells.

Abby has been going to the festival since she was a wee one. We met up to enjoy the music together.

We spent most of the day at the JFK stage, where we saw these groups:


Lonesome River Band



Balla Kouyate



Whitetop Mountain Band

We also browsed the art booths and saw Amanda selling her awesome beaded jewelry. She makes, among many things, crocheted seed bead bracelets. Amanda and I met at an open studio event in December. Since then we have been reading each others blogs and watching each other's knitting projects on Ravelry, so it was fun to see her in person again.

I also made the most of the time listening to the music by working on my Monkey socks. Which got me to thinking. There has been a real lack of knitting related posts as of lately. I have quite a bit of knitting content to put up before I am caught up to my current projects. That will come soon.

2 comments:

  1. You know, it is not necessarily the last time that you will do any of those things. Have you ever heard of vacations to places you love? :) Maybe someday you and I (or you and Paul) will return to do some of things that you miss. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a fun day! and i have to agree with mom - "last" is such a strong word!! it's much more exciting to think that someday down the line you'll be doing certain things again :)

    i'll miss you trin!!

    xoxo
    *abby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...