Friday, July 18, 2008

Totally Not My Day

Today was one of those days where nothing majorly bad happened, but there were enough little things that added up to make it Totally Not My Day. This post contains a GROSS OUT WARNING. I will talk about poop and bloody oozing dog parts. For those new to the TrinKnitty blog, Paul is my husband, Jack and Tchazo are my dogs and Fanny is my cat.

Tchazo has a cyst on his leg and last night it ruptured, oozed blood and gunk and scared me. I had to call in sick to work today because Paul is out of town so I needed to bring Tchazo to the vet. He will be fine. Part of the treatment for Tchazo's cyst involves ointment, which means he has to wear an e-collar. When he wears it he has no sense of the increased width of his body, so he smashes into everything all over the house including my legs.

When we got home from the vet, we found Jack in total anxiety spazz out mode, despite my having left him with a frozen peanut butter and rawhide stuffed Kong. I could hear him barking outside of the building. He must have really pleased the neighbors with that racket for an hour and a half this morning.

Next, I finally got to sit down to some breakfast only to be disturbed soonafter by Fanny butt scooting across the floor. Those of you without pets may not realize it, but because pets don't use toilet paper, sometimes they resort to scooting their butts across the ground to remedy their dirty and/or itchy butt issues. She was alternately butt scooting and seemingly trying to outrun her butt. I picked her up to find that she had a big piece of poop stuck to her fur. Disgusting. Needless to say, after I helped her with her "hygiene" I was not so hungry for breakfast anymore.

I had a bunch of errands to run so I set out to get them done. I managed to cut my finger while carrying out our returnable bottles and then forgot to turn in the slip that the machine gives you, which means I might as well have not bothered returning them at all.

It is super hot and humid here, so while I was out I picked up some food. I got some instant food so I wouldn't have to heat the house up by turning on the stove. While transporting it home, the salsa leaked all over the cloth tote bag. It seems that the container had been busted in shipping. Then I opened up the package for a bowl of microwave teriyaki noodles (aka lunch) and found that it was smashed too.

Next up was the evening dog walk during which time Jack had the grossest poop. He must have eaten some polyfil stuffing from one of Tchazo stuffed animals because he had a foot long stuffing poop, not all of which came out of its own accord. So, for the second time today, I had to pull poop off one of my pets.

I decided what I needed next was a nice, cool bath. I turned the ceiling fan on in the bedroom to help it cool down while I was in the bathtub. While in the bathtub, I noticed an alarming smell. I had to get out of the bathtub to investigate and found that it was the smell of the fan motor burning. No more ceiling fan.

After my bath, I went into my closet to get some clothes and found that the fluorescent light bulbs are burnt out. Without the light, I can't see my clothes.

I was in no mood to cook dinner tonight so I thought I would have a bowl of cereal. While taking out the container of milk, I dropped it on the floor and it spilled all over the floor, spraying everywhere. Hopefully I cleaned it up well enough so that my apartment doesn't start smelling rancid. For a second I almost cried in frustration but the moment quickly turned to laughter as I realized that I literally almost cried over spilled milk!

I thought about going out tonight, but I think it would be best if I stayed home. Who knows what kind of disaster would strike if I went out in public.

Here's hoping your day went more smoothly than mine.

6 comments:

  1. oh, my. what a terrible day! the polyfil poo was probably my favorite part; i apologize for laughing at your fecal misfortunes!
    it is a full moon (99% full) tonight; maybe that was it? i hope tomorrow is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would rather have a new baby then to deal with all those nasty animals. We are with you on the poop thing. Lucy sometimes eats long grass (almost like wheat) and that needs some 'assistance' in coming out. Yummy! While on the topic of poo, it is amazing the different colors Sylvia is showing us. From almost tar black to a lovey stone ground mustard yellow. It sure is a sight. I hope today is better. Adam & Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope today was a better day.

    With two dogs and a cat myself, I'm totally attuned to the grossities that come with the territory. Sorry you seem to have been piled on in one day!

    If it's any consolation, one of our dogs has a huge cancerous tumor on her upper leg that couldn't be removed and has been gross for about 4 weeks now. I've never handled so much blood. The things we do for the ones we love.

    Hang in there, Allison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure was one doozy of a day. Paul needs to hurry up and get home to relieve you of your poop duties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hunny, that couldn't have been worse! I will admit to laughing at some of the poop-related shenanigans ... but only because I've been there. My heart goes out to you, and here's hoping for a nice, poop- and pus-free week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. man, that stinks!!! (pun intended, if you can call that a pun.) anyway if it makes you feel any better i went to clean the cat box yesterday and found a moldy poop outside of it that must have been tossed out accidentally (twist is a very energetic litter-boxer) and then molded in this awful humidity. then last night we awoke at 1 am to twist (again!) barfing (twice, as usual) on the rug by the bed.

    so...i feel your pain hunny!!!

    hope your weekend was less poopey!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...