Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Somewhat Offensive Sense of Humor

Paul's birthday evening went off without a hitch. He is known for unintentionally spoiling surprises, so I was happy that all of my plans went smoothly. I was able to make him a tasty dinner and a birthday pie before he got home from work. We enjoyed the evening together celebrating the big 3-0. He liked the food, he liked the presents and he felt the birthday love from me, from friends and from his family. He also liked the happy birthday comments on the blog!

I made a blueberry pie in place of a birthday cake. We still had some blueberries left from when we went picking, so I used them in the pie. I even made the crust from scratch! It was my first attempt at this type of pie. Paul deemed it to be "perfect" which is unheard of praise coming from him. He tends to use words like "ok" and "just fine" when he likes something, so having my pie called "perfect" was pretty flattering.

One of the gifts he got from me was an envelope filled with 30 hearts. I wrote something that I loved about him on each heart. Here is one of his favorites (you can click the photo to make it bigger):


It says, "I love your somewhat offensive sense of humor."

I am going to go where I have not gone before with my knitting. I am going to knit Paul a sweater. So far, I have only knit sweaters for myself and one baby sweater. I gave him the yarn and the swatch with the promise that he'll have the sweater by the time it is cold enough to wear it. Before his birthday, we looked through patterns together and he chose the Unisex Knock-Around Cashmere Pullover pattern from Weekend Knitting. I am going to knit his in Lamb's Pride Bulky. Here's hoping for a successful sweater!

4 comments:

  1. happy belated birthday, paul!!!! and please don't tell jeff that trinity is making you a sweater...i promised one years ago and it has yet to materialize. i've heard about it every winter since then ;) [i swear, eventually i'll make it!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome birthday! pal, you have one very cool wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just made a heart for paul that says i love your sweet sweet muscle shirt. lollzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha! i love sarah's heart for paul. it is a sweet shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...