Sunday, March 8, 2009

Beneath the Surface



When I was planning the move back to Minneapolis, I made this list. One of the old favorites that I was looking forward to visiting is the In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theater. I have seen a few shows at this theater in the past and have enjoyed multiple MayDay Festivals. When Sally suggested we go check out the newest Heart of the Beast show, I was totally on board.

The play we saw was on par with past performances I have seen there, which is to say it was a feast for the senses. The Heart of the Beast has a tendency to put on shows that have something to offer kids AND adults in the same performance. The show we saw, Beneath the Surface, was no exception.



The show addressed water issues, with a focus on the virtues of tap water versus bottled water. I am already a devoted Nalgene bottle user, but with the message of this show fresh in my mind, I am newly reminded to decline those tempting disposable bottles of water whenever possible.

Today is the last day of this show, but you will have another chance to check out the theater's awesome puppets and masks at the upcoming MayDay Parade and Festival on May 3. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...