Saturday, October 3, 2009

Project 365: Day 183

Preparing



Two weeks from today Jamie, Becky and I will be at Rhinebeck together! I am looking forward to it. Today I got to spend some time getting my traveling knitting together. We have taken care of most of the trip logistics so now is the fun part where we think about what we want to buy and do and see. Jamie and I will also be spending a little time in New York City while we are out there, so it is a two-fer trip. A BIG BIG thanks to Paul for giving me this trip for my birthday and to Adam for hooking us up with discount points for our tickets, hotel and car rental.

What is that little black device in the photo? It is the huge splurge I just made! Friday night Paul and I went to try out some of the smart phones he has been researching. He is really into gadgets so he did all the research and then pointed me in the right direction. He recommended the Palm Pre and he was right! I really like it.

Up until this point, I have constantly carried an ipod, a camera, a phone and a paper planner stuffed with post-its and scraps of papers with various lists on them. I have never had a text plan on my phone so I only used it to make and receive phone calls. So, this is a HUGE upgrade. This phone is SMART! I have been learning how to use it and have already entered in lots of lists which means I tossed away a ton of those scraps of paper. In a pinch, this phone can also replace my ipod and camera. Having a smart phone means I have to carry a more expensive plan, but I think the ability to consolidate, carry less things and have a lot more functionality at my fingertips is worth it to me. And, the bonus is that I got it in time to bring it on the trip, which I imagine will prove useful for us.

Rhinebeck, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you at Rhinebeck... it's actually my first time going, despite my proximity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    You are going to love it! You'll probably also be really overwhelmed at the same time. Or, at least that is how I feel about it. Are you going to go to the Ravelry party? Either way, I'll be on the look out for you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...