Monday, January 4, 2010

5 Things for 5 People: Delivered

In April, I jumped on board the 5 Things for 5 People project and in November I posted a little clue about my materials.



My starting point was this apron that I received from my mom's husband Roger's family collection. He has a lot of possessions that have been handed down and I am lucky enough to get neat things from his family from time to time. I recently came into a small collection of aprons, many of which are tattered and stained. These were not precious, fold them up in a drawer and never use them kind of aprons. These were workhorse aprons, some of which still had kleenexes in the pockets! I don't think any of them will be serviceable as aprons now, but I loved the history of them and many of the fabrics were beautiful. So, they have been sitting, washed and waiting for me to be inspired to do something with them.



For my "things", I wanted to challenge myself to make something a little different and outside my usual realm. I melded a few techniques and materials I have been playing with, including fabric from the apron, stamps, shrinky dinks, decoupage and glaze with my jewelry making background and came up with these pendants.





At this point, they should have been received by their 5 recipients (Lisa, Beth, SulkyCat, Michele and Jen), with the exception of Jen, with whom I will connect at a Borealis Knit Night soon.

3 comments:

  1. And ooooh how I love it! I received it between solstice and christmas. It feels so special to get a gifty in the mail...
    Blogging about it tomorrow. Thank you again!
    Oh, and if anyone missed their chance and wants to get in on this... I only got one reply from my posting on my blog, and am reposting it again (tomorrow, Jan 5) to try and get five before I get down to work.
    Blessings!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... Those are great! I can't wait to receive mine and hear exactly how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are beautiful :) how creative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...