Friday, January 8, 2010

Jamie's Curling Cap and Cowl

Jamie is a curler, as in she spends time on the ice with a broom and a stone. For Christmas she desired a hat to wear for curling games. When we were at Rhinebeck, she chose this yarn, I bought it and promised to knit her a hat for her Christmas present.



The yarn is Creatively Dyed Woodbrook yarn in the color Dan. In the skein it looked very speckled. I was pleasantly surprised when that quality of the dying was distributed over the knitted fabric. It served to break-up any potential pooling and spread the colors of the skein out nicely over the stitch pattern.



The hat pattern is the Groovy Cable Tuque from The Loop Craft Cafe. Because I had plenty of yardage, I also knit up a cowl in the same stitch pattern.






3 comments:

  1. Dan is a curler!!! He plays here in Boston and has requested wool socks for curling. :) Just as an FYI for next Christmas for your friend; handknit wool socks are a 'hot gift' for curlers. Dan's teammates are supremely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely full of life! An curling! I would like to try that some day. I have watched it on tv, that is all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...