Thursday, January 7, 2010

Becky's Belated Birthday Mitts

Lucky for me, Becky doesn't mind getting her birthday gifts a little belatedly. I snooped on her Ravelry favorites and found the Nereid Fingerless Mittens pattern. After discussing colors with her, we settled on red. I had just the right yarn in my stash: the red sock yarn (Red Sox Nation) that Susan and Erin of the farm formerly known as Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm and now known as Juniper Moon Farm surprised me with when I was in the midst of my post-move moth drama.



This red is hard to photograph. It is a very pure red, semi-solid yarn, not the nearly glowing, electric red that it looks like in these photos. The yarn and pattern combination resulted in a really crisp looking fabric. The pattern was fun to knit although a bit tedious at times with the twisted stitch ribbing. But, I think it will be durable as a fingerless mitten with the twisted stitches preserving the elasticity of the ribbing after many time of being taken on and off the hands.





Happy Belated Birthday, Becky!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...