Sunday, January 10, 2010

R & R

Project 365: Day 280
January 8, 2010



I am not sure if this was the case for you, but in my circle, it seems like this past week was a really rough one. I think part of it is that a lot of people that I know are dealing with death, illnesses, lay-offs, money issues and other big stresses. When you combine that with cold weather, short days and the post-holidays doldrums, you get a pretty unhappy result. Nothing bad has happened to me directly, in fact, we got the good news that our little dog Jack does not have cancer and is back to his usual activities (hooray!), but I have been taking on a bit of the stress and sadness that many of my loved ones are experiencing.

Project 365: Day 281
January 9, 2010



I had plans for this weekend, but what ended up happening was that shortly after I got up on Saturday morning, I was putting away laundry, washing dishes and taking care of miscellaneous to-do list items. Before long, I found myself back in bed, with dogs warming my legs, trashy TV on and knitting in hand. And, that was how I stayed for pretty much the entire day. It was blissful. I wore my pajamas all day, Paul cooked me food, I got a ton of knitting done and I got the time I needed to retreat from the world, from worrying, from talking, from thinking and from participating. I didn't know that was what I needed until I got it.

Project 365: Day 282
January 10, 2010



On Sunday, I had to do a bit of making up for my day of being checked out of the world. I had to run errands, prep some food for the week and get some other things done. While I was out in the world, I had my eyes peeled for something interesting to photograph. Let me tell you, the city is really cold and covered in snow. People are not really out in the world except for to get from here to there. Everything is covered in a few feet of snow and what isn't covered in snow is likely covered in ice. No wonder I am so content staying at home these days! 'Tis the season to hibernate.

3 comments:

  1. hooray for jack! glad to hear that's over. and yes, it did seem to be a hard week for many people--not us, but we spent friday night dinner with a friend who just was having a hard week, too. and i just kept hearing sad stories. time to make 2010 a happy year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you took time for you and a lot of it! Well deserved. Hard times are hard on all parties engaged. As you know I have been doing some major self-care, it has been wonderful. I started doing the Artist's Way too, a couple friends are joining me and we met and talked about week 1-2 Sunday. I know there are wonderful things happening all around and more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm thoughts to you and yours :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...