Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Treasury Christmas

In October, before going on my Rhinebeck trip, I stocked up on 2nd Time Cotton, stitch patterns from the Barbara Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns and a few patterns from Mason-Dixon Knitting. These items and my standard tool kit were my knitting companions for the trip.



Throughout the trip and for a while afterwards, I knitted a small arsenal of washcloths for my co-workers' Christmas presents. I bundled these washcloths with soaps from my Simpler Thyme soap sampler.







Ballband washcloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting






Hexagon stitch pattern from the Treasury





Linoleum Dishcloth by Kay Gardiner of Mason-Dixon Knitting





Navajo Basket stitch pattern from the Treasury





3-Color Basket Weave stitch pattern from the Treasury





2-Color Twisted Ladder stitch pattern from the Treasury



I really enjoyed exploring new stitch patterns from the Treasury book and resulting cute little gift bundles.



I highly recommend this yarn. I was a little concerned about how it would perform as a dishcloth considering that the fiber content is 25% acrylic. The acrylic did not prevent the cloth from absorbing water and, in fact, I think it performs much better than the mercerized cotton I have used on some dishcloths in the past. A great bonus with this yarn is knowing that the 75% cotton content comes from textile waste from the garment industry. Additionally, the colors are beautiful and the dye didn't bleeding when I used the dishcloth. If you are willing to spend a little more on your dishcloth yarn than the usual Peaches and Cream prices, this yarn would be a great option.

5 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the stitch pattern on the hexagon one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, here's a comment I've never left anywhere before: I LOVE those dishcloths.
    PS excellent photos too.
    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Really love the colors. Did you make all of those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, shucks. Thanks for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I think the hexagon is my fave.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...