Friday, January 1, 2010

Crafty in the New Year

Project 365: Day 273



When I was in Boston, I attended a Knit In the New Year potluck party at Circles Knitting Salon. I loved the idea of starting off the new year with friends, great food and creativity. It reminds me of the very apt saying, "Start as you mean to go on." Luckily for me, the Crafternoon gang was up for a similar crafting gathering today. Jamie, Jill, Libby, Missy, Cyrus, Meg, Mary Margaret and I all spent a good part of the day welcoming in 2010 together. We snacked on fresh bread and jelly, caramel rolls, carrot bread, fruit and dip, salad, green beans almondine, cheese, crackers and nuts. We knit and we talked about everything from family to movies, from Madonna to Lady Gaga, from pets to househunting. If the saying is true and this event sets the tone for the rest of the year, I am very much looking forward to what 2010 will bring.



When all the guests had left the house and I was doing the clean-up, I came across two little surprises. Cyrus had knit a Christmas ornament and snuck it on my tree and Jamie had hid the little chicken ornament in one of my cupboards. So, now I am wondering, will 2010 be filled with good friends, good food, fun conversation, creativity and fun surprises? Man, I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for New Year's Day Crafternoon! Such a lovely day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...