Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Felted Mittens

Now that we are well into winter and I have been wearing these mittens everyday, it is about time they got some blog time. I have now knit the Felted Mittens pattern by Nancy Lindberg 3 times! I keep going back to this pattern because I find the mittens to be just the right density to keep me warm while still affording some amount of dexterity.



For extra warmth and to put something between my skin and the wool, I also wear a cotton/silk mitten. Here is a shot of the unfelted mitten with the liner mitten.



It is so fun to knit things for felting. They have a circus like feeling to them until they are felted. I have had many people eye my knitting and then ask me what I am making in a baffled manner. Here they are displayed on the seat of a chair in their pre-felted enormity.



Another perk of Nancy's felted mitten pattern is that you can knit it using Brown Sheep Nature Spun sportweight yarn. Nature Spun is really affordable and comes in a billion colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...