Monday, February 22, 2010

Hiya Hiya Needles

Project 365: Day 325



Sarah brought her new Hiya Hiya 9" circular needles to the knitting group today. She is using them to knit her Knitting Olympics project, the Sleepy Hollow socks. The needles, the yarn and the socks were all very impressive! The Yarn Harlot recently posted about the genius heel construction of the Sleepy Hollow sock pattern. Now, having seen them on Stephanie's blog and in person, I totally agree! These babies are going in my queue.

Sarah let me knit a little on her 9" circular needles. Although I love the idea of the tiny circulars, I found them to be a little awkward for me. I am sure it depends on what sort of grip you are used to having on the needles. Sarah seems to be a Speedy McSpeedy knitter on them, so the tiny size isn't holding her back.

If you are interested, the Hiya Hiya folks are having a design contest to promote these new needles.

Although I am not sure that I am going to be a 9" circular convert, I was psyched to find that Hiya Hiya also sells long circular needles in size 00! I love knitting socks in fingering weight yarn and love using the magic loop method to do it. I need to have a 00 needle to be able to do that and now I finally have one!

1 comment:

  1. Ah,I hate those short circular needles! I tried a few stitches on a sample they had out at Borealis and it just felt so wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...