Saturday, February 20, 2010

Like A Barnyard On A Hot Summer Day

Project 365: Day 323



Since my mom had just returned from her cruise vacation on her birthday, we had to wait until today to celebrate together. After eating some fruit crepes with lingonberries at Taste of Scandinavia, we went to a late afternoon wine class and tasting at Haskell's.



My mom really likes wine and I do too, so we were excited when we saw this class/tasting that focused on wines of Argentina.



We learned about the wine regions of Argentina and the wines that come from them, the climate and how it influences grape growth and irrigation, the wine export history and a bit about Argentinian culture. All in all, we tasted 13 wines ranging from a moscato-type white to a dry white to a new red to an aged private stock red. The wines were really good, and from what we were told, the value is great due in part to the link between the Argentine peso and the US dollar.



I enjoy wine tastings because it really gets me focused on the wine, noticing the smell, appearance and taste. Plus, the descriptors can be a riot. The title of this post was a descriptor the man leading the tasting used to explain one of the wine's qualities.


Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. OK, I look really drunk. I was not drunk. I was just being silly - definitely not drunk. But it was really a great wine tasting with lots of great wines! Thank you again for a wonderful birthday celebration! And you can remove the first pic of me looking drunk anytime. Thank you. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It helps to convey that image by the fact that your pic is just a hair blurry! Ahahahahah! maybe it says more about the photographer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...