Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Weekend Adventure

We are back from our weekend in Wisconsin. Paul and my dad had an ice-fishing date and the dogs and I went along for the ride.


Paul and his bait

After we arrived, the gentlemen bundled up and took off for the ice while the dogs and I took off for a winter walk in the woods. I came across a lot of interesting sites and, because the sun was finally out again, I could take a few pictures.









After the walk, I spent some time sitting by the fire reading my book. Aaaah.

Next on the agenda was a social visit to my Grandma Shirley's house. It has been really nice to have some calm time to visit with her since I have moved back. In the past my visits with her were always timed for big family gatherings and afforded very little opportunity for a sit down conversation. She fed me tea and cake, too!

At dusk, I headed back to my dad's house in time to give the dogs an evening walk and feed them their dinner. Paul and my dad returned from the ice with a bucket of fish and we then spent the evening warm and toasty by the fire. They cleaned fish and I knit. The ice must have tired them out because I was the last one up, knitting and listening to the WOJB public radio. Which, by the way, is the BEST public radio and the absolute perfect audio companion to knitting by the fire in the woods.
Project 365: Day 302
January 30, 2010


Since Paul caught his fish limit on Saturday, we took it easy on Sunday morning, with some blueberry pancakes and another walk in the woods. Despite the laid back morning, the dogs were still tired out from their time in the great white north. Tchazo slept sitting up on the way home. He didn't want to miss any of the excitement, you see, and laying down meant giving in to the fact that he was too tired to stay awake. He preferred to sleep in the style that many a student does in class: sleep sitting up until you start to fall over, jar yourself awake, repeat.

Project 365: Day 303
January 31, 2010


The only excitement on the way home was a stop at the cheese shop. We are planning on trying our hand at making our own frozen pizzas, so we stocked up at the cheese store.

Paul enjoyed his time ice fishing, so I imagine we will be repeating this trip again next year.

2 comments:

  1. That is the funniest picture of Tchazo EVER! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos! You even make bait look interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...