Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Not As Chunky Hat

Yesterday I wrote about my felted mittens. Today, I am posting about my other constant cold weather companion this winter. My hat!



I have long been pining for an earflap hat, but had never found the exact shape and pattern that I was looking for. Well, with this pattern, I found the right hat for me, for my dad, for Paul and for Sylvia. These hats have all been knit with the same pattern/numbers, but have come out different sizes based on the yarn I used.



One of the things I like about this pattern is the little flap on the back of the hat. It helps to keep the wind out of your neck.



The pattern called for i-cord for the ties. I opted for a more feminine look with a thick braid and tassels.



Here is the one unkind thing that I have just done to you. I have told you how great this pattern is, yet I am not sure you can get it. It was distributed by Depth of Field Yarns as a free pattern with purchase of Malabrigo Chunky yarn. Maybe if you contacted them, they could hook you up?



The one thing you can get your hands on is the yarn that I used for this hat. It is Malabrigo Twist. This yarn has the usual Malabrigo softness and awesome color variation, but is spun in a way that makes it more durable and less likely to pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...