Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Has Begun

My first holiday gathering of the season occurred last night, a snowy, cold, Minnesota evening.

It was definitely not cold in Joey's kitchen! When I arrived his kitchen was in full swing, brimming with friends preparing their contributions to the finger food feast. From left to right we have Justin, Jerri, Joey (our host for the evening) and Genevieve. Not pictured were Mark and Zoe who were staying out of harms way in the living room.



Our potluck contributions yielded this spread:



After eating, drinking, chatting, a little crafting, some Charlie Brown Christmas watching, carol singing (not me, I am still a Scrooge when it comes to Christmas music) and some lounging around, Joey prepared an amazing chocolate fondue.



After that we had a gift exchange, cleaned up and headed home. It was a great way to get the season started and even my typically anti-Christmas-merriment-self enjoyed the festivities. Plus, I got to taste persimmons for the first time. Yum.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...