Saturday, December 27, 2008

Post Christmas Project Planning

The last Christmas gifts are currently drying after their blocking bath and washing. What does that mean? It means I am free to knit for me!!! As much as I love knitting and crafting gifts for my loved ones, it is a bit stressful to worry if they will like it or not, if it will turn out like it is supposed to and if it will be done on time. As I mentioned before, this year I only gave gifts that I made, which meant there was a lot of planning, supply shopping and execution time involved leading up to this week of gift giving. Prior to that, I was knitting Jessy's birthday Clapotis. And, prior to that, I was knitting Paul's birthday sweater. So, you can see that it has been a long time since I have been free to knit whatever the hell I want to. Which led to this mess:



I spent a good chunk of yesterday evening making some project choices. I am now set to start a cowl, a pair of socks, some cat toys and a pair of mittens. We are heading out of town today to partake in part 4 of Christmas, which means I will have some knitting time in the car and perhaps some knitting time by the wood stove at my dad's place. Aaaahhh, tis nice to knit selfishly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...