Monday, December 1, 2008

November Recipes

One more month to go! Here are the new recipes I tried in November:

Chewy Granola Bars
These aren't really at all like pre-packaged chewy granola bars. They are tasty, though. I made mine with peanuts, walnuts, dried cranberries and chocolate chips. I used the crumbled bits that broke off from the bars to mix with granola.

Best Formula Three Cheese Fondue

Paul and I made this for our fondue date night. It was tasty, but we felt our arteries being clogged as we ate it :)

Caribbean Sweet Potato Gratin
I made this as my vegetarian contribution to the family thanksgiving. I don't think anyone was particularly thrilled with it, but I really liked it. Next time I would only use half the amount of corn meal it recommends.

Back to Your Roots Soup - Moosewood Daily Specials
This soup was a mixture of turnips and parsnips, neither of which are my favorites. Charleen let me pick up her farm share when she was out of town and it had a turnip in it. I looked for some recipes that included turnips and ended up trying this one. I did end up liking it, but I wouldn't put this on my regular rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...