Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Naughty and Nice

The other evening we put out a bag for Fanny to play in. She made quite a ruckus running in and out of it, pouncing on it and just generally getting her playfulness out. Every now and then I would toss one of her toys in it. Most of her cat toys are felted wool. She likes wool toys. After an evening of noisy playing, we had to put it up out of her reach so that she wouldn't keep us awake at night.


Paul and I were laying in bed, falling asleep when we heard the sound of Fanny in a paper bag. I was pretty groggy so Paul got up and took care of it, mumbling about how he couldn't understand how she had gotten the bag down. When he came back to bed, I didn't ask him about it, I just fell asleep. The next day I got home from work and found a ball band from a skein of yarn in a very odd place. I then realized that my paper bag from the yarn store was up on the shelf and not on the floor where I had left it.



At that point it clicks in brain and I realize that she had been playing in my little paper bag from the yarn store when Paul had gotten up the night before. When I looked in the bag and only found one of the two skeins, I determined that she had found wool "toys" in the bag and had a grand old time before the bag had been taken away. Paul didn't know what was in the bag and therefore didn't look around for errant skeins of yarn. I eventually located the missing skein.



It could have been worse.

3 comments:

  1. oh. ouch. I hope that none of the yarn has been eaten, and that it simply a messy ball. Its when they get the back feet kicking that you know that you may never use that yarn again :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangit. You're right tho, she could've eaten it, barfed on it, or hidden it in the Magical Cat Toy Dimension where all missing cat toys eventually end up ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's much too cute to stay mad at very long! Were you able to salvage as much as you needed to complete your project? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...