Monday, December 8, 2008

Craftmas

As planned, I went to the Handmaiden's Craftmas Fair on Sunday. Due to a delay getting out of the house in the morning (which means not wanting to change out of my pajamas until I was good and ready to), I ended up not having as much time to browse as I had planned. As it turns out, I didn't need that much time as it was quite a bit smaller than the No Coast Craft-O-Rama. There was a little bit of crossover of vendors, but there were also some new vendors to check out. Here are a few that I liked:

Jennie the Potter makes gorgeous and impeccably made pottery including some that is knitting, yarn and sewing themed.

A few years ago Jamie gave me a little sheep bowl that I love. This was the first time that I got to see the rest of Jennie the Potter's goods in person. When I strike it rich, I am going to buy some more of her things, including one of these knitting pendants:



I also loved the irregular shapes of the rings from Betty Jager of 3jagdesign. If I didn't already have a wedding ring, I would consider asking Betty to make me one.





Sewn, zippered pouches were plentiful at both fairs. I am a sucker for cute zippered pouches so I liked many of them. But, I adored the whimsical embroidery and the use of vintage fabrics on the pouches at Mine Creations.



I browsed through the Craftmas Fair in under 45 minutes because I had a date with Sally for some catching up and some consuming of the tasties at Wilde Roast Cafe. By the time I got to the cafe I was starved for lunch. My gigantic and filling portabello burger didn't leave any room for their tempting dessert selection. I am going to have to go back there again to partake of something sweet or, even better, go back for their date night special AND something sweet!

As with the Craft Heaven post, all of the photos in this post were taken from the artists' websites. I've linked to their sites above if you are interested in seeing more of their offerings.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to learn embroidery for a while now. I should look into that as a hobby for the chilly months ahead... Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you got to the craft fair stuff. it looked really cool. zoe and i will have to check those out next year with you. and the wilde roast is great, isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...