Monday, July 13, 2009

Project 365: Day 101

And So It Begins



Paul and I ate our first locally grown tomatoes of the season for dinner tonight. And, what better way to eat them than in a Caprese Sandwich. (Has anyone else ever noticed that this famous Italian sandwich is made of ingredients that perfectly match the Italian flag?)The basil is from my dad's garden, the bread is from a local bakery and the mozzarella is from the coop. Which reminds me, did you see that locavore made it into Meriam-Webster? Summer eatin' makes me a happy vegetarian!

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I'm having for dinner tonight! Yes, I'm so happy with the summer veggies. And I did hear about Locavore making in the dictionary. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...