Thursday, July 23, 2009

Project 365: Day 111

Sharing the Wealth



Remember how I said that peas are like gold in my family? Well, I thought the pea season was pretty much over for the year. My dad's garden in the city was pretty well picked out and the farmer's market peas all looked too overripe to satisfy my perfect pea craving. Well, as luck would have it, my dad's Wisconsin garden was planted later and still has perfect peas! My dad came back into town yesterday and made a huge vegetable delivery to our house tonight. Including...a huge bag of peas! Not as precious, but still quite yummy and appreciated, he also delivered cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, collards, chard, kale, radishes, and green beans. Gardener Dad and Vegetarian Trinity make a good team! He grows it and I eat it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I had green beans from my garden last night and they were wonderful! I really do love this season.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...