Sunday, July 6, 2014

Mill City Morning


Treat yo self, indeed!  Yesterday, I hopped on my bike and headed downtown towards the Mill City Farmers' Market. It is such a gorgeous market.


The setting, the aesthetics of the vendors, the goods being sold; they are all top notch at this market!  Of course, the premium pricing is on par with all of that quality, too, so I don't shop here regularly. It is a wonderful treat a few times each summer.






The Mississippi River is running fast and fierce this season.  You can see the current flowing under the Stone Arch Bridge here in a shot I took from the Guthrie Theater's Endless Bridge.


The Endless Bridge is designed in such a way that it plays with the landmarks nearby.


The reflective mirrors in the interior part of the bridge provide so many fun photo opportunities.



The photo above is a shot of the exterior of the endless bridge's windows.


This is a favorite spot for tourists and I love it, too!  It is really a special spot in the city's history that is still very alive today.


On the Stone Arch Bridge:


The US Army Corps of Engineers' lock and dam on the left side of this picture has been in the news a lot in the past few months.  It is going to be closed as a preventative measure against invasive carp.


There was a whole lot of Minneapolis-lovin' going on in my house this weekend.  I'll tell you about a little canoe trip Paul and I took in my next post.  Speaking of posts, I have a whole bunch lined up over the next 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...