Thursday, July 31, 2014

Tettegouche - 3rd Time is the Charm


We picked our best weather day for our day trip.  After the sad ending to our trip to Tettegouche and a cancelled trip in the fall last year due to my health issues, we were determined to explore Tettegouche this summer.


And explore, we did!  It was a fantastic day.





I love exploring the shore of Lake Superior.  There are endless interesting rocks, including this one that makes a good toy camera.





Teeny, tiny wild strawberries! I ate them.


After hiking, picnicking and playing along the shoreline, we headed to the trailhead to hike a portion of the Superior Hiking Trail.  While in the parking lot we heard these noisy kids mimicking birds a ways off on the trail. They were really loud!  I heard them getting closer and closer, expecting them to emerge out of the trail area and then I saw them!  Lots of these big black birds. Further research has revealed that these are ravens.  I think.  Do you know?  They were making such loud sounds that didn't sound at all like a crow.




They followed us a little ways into the woods and then went their own way.  It was a fascinating experience!


Little known fact about me, I can't help but be on constant lookout for things to eat while I am hiking.  Paul thinks it is funny and it has become a bit of a running joke between us.  Here I am with some foraged edibles: wild strawberries, wild blueberries and purple clover. The blueberries were just starting to ripen so I only found a few but if it had been a week or two later, we would have found the motherload!







Paul would usually rather get to the destination than stop to shop, so it was surprising that when I shouted "FLEA MARKET!" he almost squealed the tires to maneuver us into the parking lot.


Somehow we spent a long time browsing but left without any treasures.  It is ok, though.  We have plenty of stuff.  It was really fun to peruse the well organized tables of goods.  I would definitely stop here again and hope they still have a good collection of vintage pyrex.


2 comments:

  1. Eeeee! I love the stone camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely trip. I don't think I will make it up this year so it was nice to live vicariously. It looks like the hawkweed is blooming. It's one of my favorites. Also, I also do a lot of perusing at that flea market. You can never see it all! I also enjoyed your rock camera. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...