Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Flurry of Activity

I have only been working 3 days a week but with all of the holidays and other causes for celebration things have been super busy.

Beth is in town for a visit this week, so on Friday we had a dinner party in her honor. In attendance were Beth, Mark, Zoe, Jerri, Paul and myself. We ate Gorgonzola Puff Pastry with Raspberry Jam appetizers, Vegetable Satay Salad, Lentil Butternut Curry Soup, Garlic Bread and Baked Apples with Ice Cream.



Yesterday I started the day by doing a bit of job searching. Then I stopped by Bella Lana to spend my gift card from Sally on my way to Mark and Jerri's afternoon party at Sen Yai Sen Lek. I got some neat things with the gift card, which I will post about later.

After the party, Beth and I headed to the Walker Art Museum to check out the Text/Messages: Books by Artists exhibit. We didn't have a lot of time at the museum since it closed at 5, but we did have a a few minutes to walk through another exhibit and to check out the always interesting contents of the gift shop. I want to go back again to get a better look at the Tetsumi Kudo exhibit.

Part of the Text/Messages exhibit included art books that were out on shelves for people to page through. Beth and I spotted this gem called Sweaters That Talk Back:



The book is full of copyright free patterns that all contain messages charted into the designs. Beth was impressed with the concept of using charts to convert images into stitches and then into sweaters with text. I liked the notice in the book that encourages people to use, copy and alter the contents of the book as a form of grassroots activity/political expression.

After all of the socializing and activities of the last few weeks, I was happy to opt out of the dinner and drink plans Paul and his friend Sara, who is visiting from Madison, had made for the evening in favor of enjoying the quiet house by myself. I made dinner, took a bath, had a doggie cuddle session and then relished the rest of the evening while knitting and watching crime TV shows. All of these activities contributed to some much needed down time.


1 comment:

  1. It was great to hang out with you Trinity! Hope we get to do it again sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...