Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Post Christmas Cowl

So, after months of creating gifts, it was an amazing feeling to be free of my "to-do" list and to knit freely. The first project that I completed was with the skein of yarn I bought in mid-December expressly for the purpose of having an instant gratification project after the Christmas presents were completed.



The yarn is Araucania's Chacabuco Multy and this cowl consumed up every bit of the skein. The pattern is called Cowl With a Little Twist and is a free Ravelry download. I made this with more repeats of the pattern because I wanted it to be longer and because I wanted to use up the full skein.



The cotton yarn is soft and snuggly. It doesn't really stand up well against the immensely cold temperatures Minnesota is experiencing lately, but it is still comforting to have my neck encased in the springy, cottony warmth.

2 comments:

  1. Loooove it. And all these cowls I've been seeing have made me think, "Dangit even I can knit THAT."

    Hmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally,
    You COULD knit a cowl! It is essentially a big tube in whatever stitch pattern you want to use.
    T

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...