Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hanging Towel Sets

We aren't done yet! I still have a bunch of Christmas crafting that I have yet to reveal.

A few people received variations on the theme of dishtowel and dishcloth set. I found some neat vintage hand towels from the thrift store and devised my own method for turning them into hanging dish towels. I have a crocheted version that was a hand-me-down from my Grandma that I love, so I tried to make some updated versions with knitting. I made the first one out of some handpainted, merino sock yarn and quickly learned that I really should just stick to kitchen cotton. It ain't named kitchen cotton for nuthin'.



Shortly before Christmas I was in a present wrapping frenzy when I realized I hadn't photographed these sets yet. I had a hard time capturing them how I wanted and I really just wanted them to be wrapped, so all that remains are these lackluster photos.






1 comment:

  1. i've been admiring all the beautiful things you've been making. wow! the produce bags down the page are great too. you're so creative with this stuff! i've just brought my knitting needles to savannah for something to do and also bought some stuff to start beading. i've never done it before, but figure i'm at an art school--i'm sure i can find a book on making jewelry :) i'll post when i finish something!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...