Thursday, January 1, 2009

December Recipes

Wow! What a year of cooking. I am not ready for a total recap, so for now, I'll just post the December recipes and you can tune in later for a recap and a new resolution for 2009.


White Beans with Rigatoni
Delicious! This recipe has a lot of subtle flavors. Nothing really hits you in the face, but there are so many tasty aspects to it. It reminded me of the meals my Italian host mother made us. I will be making this again, for sure!

Caramel Corn
I saw this posted on Angry Chicken's blog and immediately made it.

Roasted Garlic Hummus from Vegetarian Times, October 2008
This recipe caught my eye because Paul and I had tasted a garlic spread during a Monday Night Dinner at Veggie Planet. I am not sure if this is the same recipe, but the portions are 1/3 roasted garlic to 2/3 chickpeas for the main substance. You can't go wrong with that much roasted garlic!


Winter Squash Risotto
I am not sure if I overcooked this or if it was because of the squash, but the texture of this risotto grossed me out. It was mushy and gunky. The flavor was fine and Paul didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with it, but I was a little put off by it.

Baked Apples
This recipe was the one I followed for our Christmas Eve dessert. I heavily modified the recipe to suit the ingredients I had on hand and to compensate for the lack of apple bakers, but followed the basic frameworks of the recipe. They were delicious paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...