Tuesday, July 31, 2007

As promised. It's a Biggun'.

I have been accumulating finished projects for a few weeks and it is about time I get them up here for you to see. If you are here to see Sockapalooza socks, those are at the end of this post.

Yarn: Berger du Nord - Belle

Color: 9027

Pattern: Friday from MagKnits

Variations: None except that it isn't blocked yet. I am hoping it will hold its structure better once it is blocked.


This is a going to be a present so I am just giving a little bit of a peak. This is knit with Fleece Artist yarn in Barbara Walker's Seafoam Lace stitch pattern. I haven't blocked this yet either, but I already love how the pattern and color look together.

I made this necklace with some beads that I got while bead shopping with my mom in Minneapolis. I plan to eventually make earrings with the rest of the bright green beads (in honor of my mom's tendency towards compulsively matchy-matchy jewelry!).


This necklace was made to satisfy my non-chunky, simple necklace day need. I've already worn it a few times. It was made using stuff from my bead stash, which rivals my yarn stash. I'm not sure which stash wins at this point.

SOCKAPALOOZA 4!!

Here they are! They are done. Never have I knit a project with so much hype attached to it. It has been great fun reading about and seeing everyone's projects on the pligg. I can't wait to send these on to my pal and, of course, to get my package.


Yarn: Fleece Artist Merino
Color: Sea Storm
Pattern: Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch using Slipped Stitch Rib


These socks were knit in planes, trains and automobiles. In Minnesota, Massachusetts, Wisconsin and in many places in between. In front of the TV while watching Colonial House and in front of the campfire while watching the flames.

I am sending out my package with the socks, extra yarn from the skein, stitch markers and a card that I made. I wasn't able to find out a lot of personal information about my sockpal so these extras will have to do.


Here is a little close-up of the beaded stitch markers and the quilted card.

What are my socks on? I was thinking about buying some sock blockers, when I came across this website that tells you how to make your own sock blockers. My grandma, who can no longer do many of the crafts that she used to do including tatting lace and quilting, has been satisfying her need to create by crocheting around coat hangers. My extended family regularly gives her supplies and she churns these out in massive quantities. They are actually great for hanging shirts that slip off of hangers and tank tops. I realized that they would also make fabulous sock blockers as they would help prevent rusting and would soften the effects of the narrow edge of the hangers. I came up with these on my first try.



They are the right size for my feet but my sock pals feet are a little longer than mine. Hence, the loose toes in the first photo. They are definitely an affordable alternative to fancy schmancy ones like these. Although, I wouldn't mind having a set of those too!

Happy and speedy knitting to all of the Sockapalooza knitters who are working to meet that deadline.

2 comments:

  1. That scarf is gorgeous. I think I am going to have to make one. I'm off to find that beautiful stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the GREAT socks. They are exactly what I was hoping for and they fit great. I was also very excited to see my new stitch markers, I will be the envy of all my knitting friends.

    THANKS, I LOVE THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...