Saturday, July 28, 2007

Smell-O-Vision

This summer has been full of free outdoor fun. I love that this city offers so many options. Here are some of the free things I have done just this week:

On Thursday evening, Sam and I walked around the corner from my house and watched Babe at the park courtesy of the City of Somerville. It was an excellent way to spend a hot evening. It is pretty incredible how different the temperature was between sitting on the earth and walking on the sidewalk. We felt the temperature increase when we walked off of the field back onto the sidewalk. Dang concrete. It is everywhere around here.

On Friday, I met up with Becky so that we could knit and keep cool near the Frog Pond at the Boston Common. She started on her first pair of socks! Although, I think she is going to have to start over since she is also cursed with gauge issues. Loose knitters, we are.

Tonight Paul and I ventured down the road a few minutes to take part in Union Square's Smell-O-Vision evening. We had also gone to the Farmer's Market in Union Square earlier in the day. It was a Union Square Saturday. Smell-O-Vision was an interesting experience. They showed the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie which was much more witty than I had remembered it being. As I sit here typing this I can still smell the scent of chocolate on my clothes. They also gave out goodie bags so we could eat things that matched what was happening in the movie including gobstoppers, taffy and chocolate. We got to blow bubbles when Charlie and his grandfather are floating in the bubble room. BURP!

Tomorrow I am heading to Lowell for the Lowell Folk Festival. I have been meaning to go to this every year that I have lived here but this is the first year that I am able to go. It is supposed to rain but I am not going to let that stop me. While I am there, I should probably take advantage of the yummy Life Alive Cafe. I can't get enough of that place.

I have been getting a lot accomplished crafting-wise. I just haven't had a chance to take any photographs. It just isn't as much fun talking about things if I can't show you pictures. I'll work on getting that up here soon. When I do, it'll be a biggun'.

1 comment:

  1. That Smell-O-Vision things sounds like fun! I think we are gonna try to do that in our theater with some friends and/or their children. Can you tell me what items I would need if we showed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...