Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Series of Mommas

Yesterday I enjoyed the company of many fine ladies and a few distinguished gentlemen.

I've been staying at my sister's place in uptown (2 blocks from the Wedge! I totally heart the Wedge!) and have witnessed her sixth sense when it comes to being a ferret mom. One of her four (4!) ferrets is sick. She is one dedicated momma, giving him medicine every 8 hours, hand feeding him and watching for any inkling of something being not right with him. That is some serious animal loving.


This is my favorite (shhh! don't tell Jessy I am playing favorites!) of her ferrets. He sleeps a lot and one of his favorite resting places is on top of his pompoms. My not-favorite ferret is the one that sneaks up on me and nips me with his tiny, sharp as spikes teeth. Not cool, ferret. Not cool.

After spending time with the ferret momma, I went to visit a momma of 2 young men. Christa is doing an amazing job with her two energetic little boys. One of which is at the "Why? Why? Why?" stage. She very skillfully reroutes that question so he finds himself explaining why. Smooth move Christa!

Later that day, I joined a friend who has a job supporting mommas...notice the momma theme. Our plan was to go to a park in St. Paul to play disc golf. Jerri, my self-declared biggest blog fan, had written down directions to the park. We followed the directions and got to the park without any problem except that it wasn't the right park. At that point, something happened that I decided was indicative of our personalities. Jerri is (I am totally simplifying a complex person here) an outgoing, charismatic, friendly, emotions-on-her-sleeve kind of gal. In short, she is a people person. Her solution to our Wrong Park Dilemma was to think of who she could call who might know how to get us to the right park. I am nowhere near the people person that Jerri is so while she was listing off who we could call, my problem-solving self, starting thinking about the information we had available that we could use to figure out our problem. I asked Jerri if she had a map. She did have a map and it got us to the right park. Had we not had a map, I am sure Jerri could have called someone who could have solved our problem. She's got people.

With all of this airport, hanging out, bus riding time I have finished my Sockapalooza pal's first sock. I need to make one of those sock blocker things so that the shape of the sock looks a little more sock-like. It looks a bit deformed in these pictures. But, I am really happy with the colors: manly, but not boring.



1 comment:

  1. Hi! As a fellow knitter, Jerri told me to check out your blog and ta-da, there is a picture of her! I hope her sleuthing skills are still up to speed for my visit to MN next weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...