Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Going "Up North"

"Up North" is to Minneapolis as "Down the Cape" is to Boston

After my family moved to the Minneapolis area from rural Wisconsin, our rural home became our "up north" getaway. We spent many summer weekends there getting grubby, playing outside and rarely changing out of our bathing suits. I have a fondness for anything that resembles that kind of a weekend because it reminds of my younger years. I have one friend, Jamie, that goes far enough back in my life to have experienced many of these weekends as an honorary member of our family. So, I was glad that Jamie was able to take some time off of work and join me for a trip up north during my visit home.

We, of course, had to make the required stop at the cheese store for cheese curds and frozen yogurt cones. The cones are a steal at seventy-some cents a piece...and that's for the swirl cones!


The store has turned into much more than just a cheese shop.
Jamie found some excellent literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...