Thursday, July 19, 2007

In Keeping With the Mom Theme

I, of course, wanted to spend time with my mom. We started our day with one of my Minneapolis Must-Do items: breakfast at the Seward Community Cafe. After my belly was full with a Super Green Earth, we could venture on to the day's task: shopping for beads.

When I was home in April, I went to Beadhive with Jamie. I was really happy with it then and this time was no different. Almost all of their beads are available to touch and look closely at, they have a good selection, their prices are fair and they have nice staff. After making our selections there, we ventured to Bobby Bead, which is the most well known and largest bead store in Minneapolis. After having had such a great and tangible experience at Beadhive it was hard to shop at Bobby Bead. They keep most of their beads in cases, which you have to ask to see. It made shopping really laborious and took all of the fun out of it for me. I wish they would change that aspect of the store. I understand that some of the precious stuff needs to be kept under tighter security but we had to ask to see wooden beads that were priced at 45 cents each. That is totally unnecessary.

All that shopping made us hungry so we went to Jamba Juice (my sister is a big fan of the Jamba Juice and is trying to bring my mom and I into the "club") for a smoothie. The Jamba Juice we went to was housed in a Whole Foods Store, where I saw this interesting comment card (click the picture to make it bigger).


While we sipped our Jamba Juice we had a chance to talk about some family history. As I get older, my family history becomes more and more interesting to me. I like to hear about the young lives of my grandparents and what my parents did and thought before I existed. It is especially interesting when some of that history involves some slightly scandalous things....but, I'll keep those thing off of the internet!

As if vegetarian breakfast feasts, hours in bead stores, fresh fruit smoothies and catching up with mom wasn't enough, the day wasn't over yet. We headed over to a yarn store called Needlework Unlimited where we browsed and my mom (not a knitter) picked up all of the "novelty yarns" exclaiming, "What would you do with this?!" My answer, "Nothing!" Besides all of the crazy yarns, that store has lots and lots of beautiful yarns and patterns. I ended up with a pattern and two skeins of yarn for a pair of socks.


Here is a picture of me and my mom, in which she is proving an open mouth in a picture makes the picture seem infinitely more exciting.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...