Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Good Eatin'

Can you spot my dad in the raspberry patch? This unruly, but very well-stocked patch is at my grandma's house. She let us raid her patch and we were not the first to take advantage of her generosity that week. Luckily the patch was so well stocked that we did not leave empty-handed.

We brought two buckets each: our belly bucket and our regular bucket. Jamie put a lot of berries in one of her buckets. Here is a picture of what she put in her other bucket:

Just kidding. We each picked enough berries that we ate them and ate them and ate them all weekend long. On one of the mornings we had a super yummy, almost entirely homemade breakfast. By homemade, I mean my dad baked the bread and did the cooking, we all picked the raspberries and then Jamie made raspberry sauce out of it and the maple syrup was harvested and boiled down by my dad's neighbors.

Here is my dad about to dig in after Jamie and I had eaten more than our fill of breakfast. One does not want for good food when staying at my dad's house. He has a fabulous garden chock full of veggies, herbs and potatoes. He has various hook-ups for berries (blueberries, blackberries and raspberries), raises his own chickens, hunts and fishes for his meat and fish, bakes his own bread and lots of other DIY goodness.

We ate like queens while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...