Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Strolling and Floating

After our big ole breakfast we needed to do some walking. Jamie and I set off down the country road to see the sites.

One of the things to look at is this International truck from the 1950s. It has been there for nearly as long as I have been alive. I have really come to like the aesthetics of it.



Especially the rusty, chipping paint!




Later that day we went on a tubing/canoeing trip down the Namekagon River. The water level was pretty low, which meant the river was flowing VERY, VERY slowly. The slow flow was fun for the first few hours and then we started to get a bit antsy. We eventually all piled into the canoe to paddle our way to the take-out point. Along the way we saw lots of fish, a muskrat, some hawks and herons and lots of other little creatures. And, thanks to our diligent applications of 45 spf sunscreen, our 6 hours on the river only resulted in a mild sunburn.

On the next day, Jamie and I needed to head back to Minneapolis so I could catch my flight home. On our way, we came across this creature alongside the road. We stopped the car in a state of confusion trying to figure out exactly what it was that we were looking at. It turns out that it was an albino deer. It was just chilling out beside the road having a little snack. I wasn't quick enough with my camera, but I did manage to get a slightly decent photo.


So, I think I have filled my Minnesota quota for quite a while. It took a while to get all of this blogged but since so many of my readers are those who I was visiting, I didn't want to skimp on the Minnesota blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...