Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Knitting Craving

It is very rare that I knit something solely for the purpose of knitting it. I usually knit projects with clear intentions of keeping it for me or of giving it to a particular person. Recently, I was looking through my yarn cabinet and was overcome with the urge to knit a lengthwise scarf where I changed the yarn on every row and left the tails as fringe. So, I did. This made for great TV knitting, the color combination pleased me and I sated my urge to knit a garter stitch project. Now, I just have to wait until the right person/gift giving occasion comes along for this scarf.




3 comments:

  1. Garter stitch just hits the spot sometimes doesn't it? It was great seeing you at knit night by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a perfect scarf to donate to the Red Scarf Project. It really is. I hope you'll consider it!
    Info here : http://bit.ly/6zMpIe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...