Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lacy Baktus



Yesterday I posted about a project that came to existence based on a whim and started. That project originated with the yarn and the pattern followed. Today's project had the exact opposite beginning. When I went to Rhinebeck, I was on the lookout for yarn to knit myself a Lacy Baktus. I knew that it was going to have to be a buttery soft yarn and I wanted it to be a semi-solid color. I knew that I wanted it to be worsted weight or smaller. I was on the lookout for this yarn the whole time I was at Rhinebeck. I eventually found Oasis Yarns Seduction in Ruby, which is a 100% silk yarn. Buttery soft, it is.



The Lacy Baktus pattern is a very elongated triangle that is created by working spaced increases on one side of the project until the center and then working decreases to mimic the increase side. The garter ridges are separated by rows of yarn overs and knit two together lacework.



This project has become a favorite of all of the knitters that I work with. The pattern can be adjusted for a variety of gauges and yarn weights. Many of them have been knitting this pattern with sock yarn. The have achieved the most beautiful results by alternating two different colored skeins of sock yarn to reduce any potential color pooling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...