Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Voter

Project 365: Day 214


I voted! Minneapolis used Ranked Choice Voting for this election, which made the preparation process a bit different than usual. This system combines the primary and the election into one ballot. There were many more candidates, so I had to do far more research than usual. I voted after work but was only the 467th person to vote at my precinct.

On a side note, one of the mayoral candidates is named Joey Lombard and he ran under the party of "Is Awesome". Which meant his part of the ballot read as follows:

2 comments:

  1. Yay for voters! Mark and I voted, too. The "I'm awesome" thing was ridiculous. I think I'm pro-ranked choice, but can see the downsides to it, as well. Happy voting day! I can't believe it was a year ago today that we made Obama history!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how much it cost Joey to tell the city of Minneapolis that he is awesome?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...