Monday, November 23, 2009

Wooden DPN Case



As I mentioned in an earlier post, I bought a wooden DPN case when I was at Rhinebeck and it is not a Knitzi. Although the Knitzi is quite beautiful, I am very happy with my new case. This one is handmade by John Douglass of Indiana, Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, he has absolutely zero internet presence, so I can't link you to anything. But, because I bought the wrong size and had to make an exchange, I do have their contact information. I contacted Autumn House Fiber Works, the vendor that was selling them at the festival, and they put me in touch with John's wife Delores. Delores and John were kind enough to ship me a new one at no charge. They told me that I could share their phone number with people who may be interested in buying a case. So, if you would like to buy one and don't want to wait until Rhinebeck 2010, feel free to email me. Being that a Knitzi is $40 and I only paid $25 for my case, which I think is equally as functional and beautiful, I am glad that I went with the one I got.





3 comments:

  1. I was wondering what you were talking about. It is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it. Do share the contact info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    i have been searching ALL DAY for the knitzi, without knowing that was what i was searching for. i accidently saw an ad for it somewhere last week and have read and reread every knitty.com i could thinking it was there. nope. after another google search, i hit on your blog. double whammy. thank you so much.
    phewf is all i can say!
    would you mind forwarding my email to the gentleman who made your case, or would you kindly forward his email to me so i may enjoy his lovely work?
    btw i just learned socks and cables this year. now i'm obsessed.
    thank you for your blog. i will follow you. have a look at mine. i haven't written a blog in a while. i've been knitting.
    cheers!
    tamara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...