Thursday, November 19, 2009

Clifford (Oblique) Sweater

I have finished a lot of projects lately that I have not yet posted about. So, over the next week or so, I'll put them all up here. First up is the sweater I wrote about in September. It has finally been allowed out of the corner and even has buttons!



In order to allow it out of the corner, I had to accept the fact that it doesn't fit how I wanted it to. The whole sweater grew when I blocked it. It got longer overall and a bit wider. The arms are the biggest problem, since they are way too long. I have remedied it by folding them over a few times.



Now that the weather is colder, I have actually been wearing it as an extra layer at home. It is a warm and cozy sweater, but the fit is not very flattering. I imagine it will continue to be used as a cozy, house sweater, but will not likely get much wear outside of that category. Oh well. At least I am getting some use out of it, rather than leaving it balled up in the corner on a permanent time out.



On a positive note, I like the yarn (Cascade Eco Wool). It was nice to knit with, has good stitch definition and is very well priced. I just need to remember the next time I use it that it grows a lot when used in openwork patterns.




1 comment:

  1. I love the design and the pattern of the stitches!

    Also, I am so impressed that you knit a whole sweater! I do not think I ever could.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...